Flight 196

Hi folks

I thought you might find this interesting.

I recently received a map which tracks the flight of Condor 196 over eight days in March. It began March 2, 2004 at the release point on the Vermilion Cliffs. Over the next 3 days it was tracked going down the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon. Between March 5 and 6, 2004 it tracked north to the Hurricane Release Spot (on the Arizona Strip) then back to the Colorado River and Lake Mead at the junction of Arizona and Nevada, then up several miles north of Lake Mead, on the border. It was about opposite Overton, NV.

It then proceeded northeast to the border of Utah and Arizona, near St. George on March 7, 2004. Then it flew north of Zion Park, south of Cedar City on March 8/9 and then back to the Vermilion Cliffs.

The point being, they do wander far and wide, and yes, you could spot one over Leeds, or St. George, or Lytle, or Zion, so keep your eyes open.

Dixie Willie