Yellow-headed BB

Wish you were with us!!!!!  Sunday, April 18, 2004:  Keith and I took a
drive in the St. George/Washington fields before Church.  What a
treat!!!  In Ross Seegmiller's fields there were 20+ Yellow-headed
Blackbirds flying from place to place.  We stopped our vehicle and they
landed in some flowering tamarisk almost next to the road.  It has been
a long time since seeing that many Yellow-headed Blackbirds together,
without any other specie.  They sat and seranaded us.  Keith thinks they
sound like a cat with a hoarse throat.  Me without a camera!!!! It would
have been a perfect picture of black, yellow and pink flowers.

Hopefully they will stick around.  Go east, past Springs Park until you
come to a curved road that goes right or south.  Follow it to the very
end of the pavement.  They were in the first large stand of tamarisk on
the east side of the road.

Let me know if you find them.