Vermillion Flycatcher

Sunday.  Jan 4. 2004

We have an old antique plow at the front of our home for decoration.
Well, this morning about 9:00 a.m. the plow was really decorated.  A
Vermillion Flycatcher was sitting on the handle.  So many times I look
out my front window and see a Say's Phoebe sitting on the handle.  I
thought my eyes were deceiving me this morning when it was a RED bird
sitting there.  WOW!  Then about 35 minutes later my husband Keith saw
it come back and sit the same place again.  Don't know how long it will
be here, but we are north of the Bloomington Elementary School..... the
first house north on Swaps Dr.

Last year we were favored with a Vermillion Flycatcher down the road at
the trailhead of the Virgin River Parkway.  That bird had more of an
orange color than this one.   Good luck!!