Reddish Egret, Hermit Warbler, SB Dowitcher etc.

Hello,
Kristen and I are back in town, and this morning (8/23) we went to Gunlock
Reservoir with Steve and Priscilla Summers and Larry Tripp.  The Reddish
Egret is remaining at the north (inflow) end of the reservoir.  Also at the
inflow area, we saw a possible Red-shouldered Hawk and an immature Hermit
Warbler.  Next we went to the Sun River GC ponds hoping to see a Stilt
Sandpiper that was reported on 8/22.  We did not find the Stilt SP, but
there was a fairly nice variety of shorebirds, including two Red-necked
Phalaropes.  Also there is a Short-billed Dowitcher at the SR-9 (Hurricane)
Sewer Ponds.

Shorebird conditions are getting good at the Sewer Ponds and at Sand Hollow
State Park.  On 8/21 at Sand Hollow, Kristen and I saw two Black Terns and
10 species of shorebirds including two Snowy Plovers and a Baird's
Sandpiper.

Best Regards,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane UT