Reddish Egret at Gunlock

This morning at about 10:00 AM, I saw the immature reddish egret on the
southwest side of Gunlock Res.  It was standing near one of the warning
buoys where the red sand meets the white rock.  For a while it was just
hunkered down a bit, but then it was chased around by a large Great Blue
Heron.  I walked across the dam on the south side to get a better view and
was able to get within about thirty feet of it.  Grayish legs and dark
bill were obvious, as was a touch of red from its head down through the
upper part of its neck.

Thanks for the spot Larry!

-M@