Zone-tailed Hawk over St. George

A zone-tailed hawk was observed yesterday, 6/27, flying above the Virgin River near Foremaster Ridge about 4 pm by myself, Megan Morvilius, and Josh Coffey. Within a few minutes also saw a turkey vulture there, and although I didn't see them together, wondered if they were associated.
Also last week saw a Common Merganser at Stratton Pond that has stayed several days.
I birded this morning for a bit at Oak Grove to get out of the heat. Had a flock of little chattering Bushtits move through, and also saw Black-throated Gray Warblers, Warbling Vireos, Plumbeus Vireos, Lazuli Bunting, Western Tanager, and White-breasted Nuthatches.
Kevin