Sand Hollow Birds

Matthew Curtis and I ran out to find all the prize-winning birds that Larry and Rick reported from Sand Hollow Reservoir. We particularly wanted to see the Snowy Plover, Sanderlings, and Bendires thrasher. We saw none of the three. We did see some good stuff, however, including three very pink-bellied Bonaparte's Gulls, a Willet, a Long-billed Curlew, about a dozen Western Sandpipers, a Greater Yellowlegs, Ring-billed Gulls, and a Common Loon. We also saw a flock of large shorebirds (I thought marbled Godwit?), that flew off when a big SUV drove down right next to the shore before we could get close enought to scan it.
Still a nice birding evening.
Kevin