Birds

I stopped at South Gate golf course tonight and found a couple of surprises, a double-crested cormorant and a great egret.  Also that's the first time I observed a northern pintail on that pond.  The pied billed grebes are always fun to watch also.  They are usually on the small pond on the West by the maintenance shed.  Two Canadian geese and four white-fronted geese also made an appearance, and a belted kingfisher flew up the river.  There was the usual assortment of coots, american wigeons, ring-necked ducks, a pair of buffleheads and a couple of ruddy ducks.

Have fun,

Travis Lofthouse