Am. Golden Plover at SR-9 (Hurricane) Sewer Ponds: 9/4

This evening (9/4) at 7:45 pm, Kristen and I saw an American Golden Plover
at the SR-9 Sewer Ponds (Northwest Pond), Washington County, UT.  We believe
it is an adult in non-breeding plumage.  We did not have as much time or
light to view the bird as we would have preferred, so we are calling it an
American based on the prominent white supercilium (eyebrow) and relatively
dark lower belly.  However, it did appear to be very buffy yellow on the
head, neck, and breast.  So, Kevin Wheeler and I are going to check for it
in the morning before work, and hopefully view it in better light.

Rick Fridell,
Hurricane, UT