Black Swifts -- Washington County

Hello,
Today while passing through the Washington Fields (6/4 @ 1330; Washington
Co. UT) I noticed a large flock of swifts. I pulled over thinking that some
of the swifts appeared small and that perhaps I could get lucky and pick out
a Vaux's Swift or two.  The smaller swifts turned out to be White-throated
Swifts and much to my surprise the larger ones were BLACK SWIFTS!!  These
are the first I have seen in Washington County.  I saw up to 16 Black
Swifts, however getting a count was very difficult.  The swifts were located
in the area between 1450 South, 3000 East and the Virgin River (area
including Springs Estate Pond and Seegmiller Marsh).

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT
rfridell@redrock.net