Cassin's Vireo etc.

Hello,
This evening (6/03) Kristen Comella and I walked around the Lower LaVerkin
Creek / Virgin River confluence (Washington Co. UT).  The highlight was a
very late Cassin's Vireo foraging in the cottonwoods. We also saw a pair of
Green Herons. Spring migration is winding down.  There are still a few
lingering Western Wood-pewees, Willow Flycatchers, Wilson's Warblers,
MacGillivray's Warblers, and Western Tanagers.  We saw at least 3 or 4
migrant Willow Flycatchers.  They have been surprisingly abundant over the
last few days at lowland sites around Washington County.

Rick Fridell
Hurricane, UT

Birds observed 6/03 at Lower LaVerkin Creek/ Virgin River confluence:
Green Heron (2)
Gambel's Quail
Mourning Dove
White-throated Swift