Sparrow???

Sunday, Keith and I had a great trip over Old 91 and down to Beaver Dam.

(We kept stopping along side of road to see if the environment was as dead as it looked.  To our astonishment.... each time we stopped we immediately found life)

Western Kingbird
Mockingbird
Gray Jay
Steller Jay
Chipmunk

At Beaver Dame we took McKnight going west and ran into lots of great birds.....
Horned Larks
Ash-throated Flycatcher
Lark Sparrows
And then we encountered a hugh creasote tree in full blossom with a chorus of singing birds we couldn't identify.   Sorta like a buzzz, buzzzz, tweebuzz, tweebuzz, etc..  I got out of vehicle to look at them.  The continued to sing and buzz.  There were no markings on the chest or belly.  They were tanish to a soft leather color.  There was a white stripe over the eye a tanish cheek and white under the cheek.  There was probably about 8 to 10 birds in the bush.  It was a bird I had never seen before......  Just as I was about to decide with the evidence I had, a large cross between a pit bull and a chow came running out barking.  Well, that sorta stopped me.  I have never heard anything like the sound coming from the bush. Could it have been Clay-colored Sparrows?   They were alarmed and flew when the dog came after me.  (I beat him to our vehicle and I am here today to tell the story)

We then went up I-15 and stopped at the north side of Cedar Pockets exit.  I was hoping to find Black-throated Sparrows.......  and we did!!!!!  4 of them.

Let me know what you think I saw.  Isn't a Clay-colored Sparrow kiinda rare?