Cottonwood Wash - Quail Creek Confluence

Hello,
This evening after work I birded from 5:30 - 6:30 pm at the Cottonwood Wash/
Quail Creek inflow area.  Highlights included a Winter Wren and pair of Inca
Doves.  The doves were on the rocky slope above the riparian area, and I
would not have noticed them except that they were flushed by a ragged young
Red-tailed Hawk.  The willow area was inhabitated by many migrants (list
below). During a brief stop at the Quail Creek dike overlook I saw 7 Common
Loons (6 in breeding plumage), American White Pelican, and a pair of Caspian
Terns.  And to top all that off I returned home to find a male Costa's
Hummingbird staking out the penstemon in my front yard (my first Costa's of
the year).

Birds observed 4/19/02 Cottonwood Wash/Quail Creek Confluence:

Red-tailed Hawk (2)
Mourning Dove
Inca Dove (2)
Great-horned Owl