Vaux's Swift - SR-9 Sewer Ponds

Hello,
A quick note to let everyone know that this morning on my way to work (4/16)
I saw a Vaux's Swift flying over the SR-9 Sewer Ponds (across from the Quail
Creek Chevron, Hurricane, Washington County).  The quick wing-beats of this
bird made it easy to pick out amongst the many swallows circling the ponds.
I also saw a very intriguing Hawk perched on a powerline wire on the south
side of SR-9 as you ascend the hill going west, leaving Purgatory Flats.  I
could only look at this guy for a minute, (stopping for the Vaux's Swift
already made me late for an important meeting) and I believe it could have
been a Red-shouldered Hawk.  So keep you eyes out for an interesting small
buteo in the Purgatory Flats/ Quail Creek area.
It appears that yesterdays huge winds brought alot of birds into the area.
It is a hard day to work!!
Take care and enjoy the spring arrivals,

Rick Fridell
Hurricane UT