Washington County Birds

Hello,
A quick note on some recent bird sightings.  Sage Thrashers are passing
through Washington County in force.  I noticed a couple every day this week.
This afternoon (3/20) Kristen Comella and I counted at least 12 in the
Flora-Tech fields near the new Sand Hollow Reservoir construction area.
Watch for the thrashers in desert scrub habitat and creosote/bursage flats.
Also a nice assortment of sparrows are passing through with increasing
numbers of Lincoln's, Vesper, and Brewer's Sparrows this week.

Also this evening (3/20) we saw a flock of 57 American Avocets roosting
along Quail Creek Reservoir.

On Monday (3/18) after work, I drove around the Washington Fields and saw
the first Lesser Yellowlegs of the season, 500-1000 White-throated Swifts
flying around the area, as well as a lingering Northern Shrike.

Also 5-7 Ross's Geese have been hanging around the St. George Golf Course
ponds since last Saturday (3/16).

Good Birding,

Rick Fridell