Just a coyote-length away

In Mesquite for dinner, Aaron Glauser, Dawna Hamilton, and I stopped to look at the pretty Egyptian Geese at that golf course on the north side. Also there were several Canada Geese, and one each Snow Goose and White-fronted Goose. On the South side of Mesquite (I know... the exits are labeled "east" and "west" Mesquite, but I haven't figured that out yet) were 44 Double-crested Cormorants on a single -looking tree by the Casa Blanca. I guess the geese were technically in Arizona (Mesquite, AZ?) but the Cormorants were in Nevada.