Broad-winged Hawk in SL County

I posted this to birdnet this morning, but it didn't go through:

This morning I headed out to Saltair to see if there were any signs of
bird life... A big fat negative...  In fact there were no birds there,
no gulls, no ducks, no grebes, no sparrows, pigeons or starlings,
nothing.  However, on the way out along SR-201 just past the 5600 West
exit to Lee Kay Ponds was a light juvenile BROAD-WINGED HAWK.  This
seems like a rather late migrant, okay a VERY LATE MIGRANT, but several
have been seen over the last 2 weeks still coming through Wyoming so...
The bird was perched right along the highway on top of a large silver
box, literally just past the on-ramp to SR-201 westbound from 5600 West.
 A silver lining to a birdless day...  I watched the bird for about 5
minutes, before continuing on my way.

When I got home, a MERLIN was perched on the telephone pole in my back
yard, a new yard bird/year bird!

Good Birding

Tim
http://www.timaverybirding.com