Shorebirds in Utah County

Tuula, Milt, Aaron and I found a little patch of shorebirds on the Provo Airport Dike today. There is a little mudflat right after the pavement ends on the east side of the dike (near the airport entrance). There are many Western Sandpipers, some Dowitchers, Yellowlegs, Semipalmated Plovers, Killdeer, Wilson's Phalaropes, Spotted and Semipalmated Sandpipers, Avocets and Stilts and one Marbled Godwit and Solitary Sandpiper.

We started the day at River Lane where the birding was kind of slow this morning but we did see BTG Warbler, Virginia's Warbler (Aaron), Yellow Warblers, Blue Grosbeak, Ash-throated Flycatcher (Milt) and stuff.

Eric Huish
Pleasant Grove UT
poorwill_@hotmail.com
801-360-8777