Hyde Park Lane report

I went out to Hyde Park Lane last night to see if I could spot the Short-eared Owls, but did not see one. Many other birds were present including:

Wilson's Snipe, 5 Wilson's Phalarope, 400 plus Franklin's Gulls, 175 White-faced Ibis, American Avocet, Black-necked Stilt, Willet, Yellow-headed Blackbird, Red-winged Blackbird, Swainson's Hawk, Sandhill Crane, Northern Shoveler, Mallard, Cinnamon Teal, Tree Swallow, Bank Swallow, Cliff Swallow, American Coots (being chased off by the Stilts), Western Kingbird, Mountain Bluebird, and many others.

This is one of the best places to bird in Cache Valley. It is grazing and agricultural land that is west and north-west of the Logan Airport. From what I have seen from Logan City's land use plan maps, it looks as though they are planning on developing the majority of this region into office buildings, hotels and other facilities associated with the airport.

This is an area of open space in Cache Valley that should be left as it is. Any suggestions on what I can do to appeal to Logan City about the significance of this area in regards to birds?

Stephen