Birding at/around Utah Lake

Thanks to everyone who shared their suggestions for birding in Utah Co.
It was interesting; EVERYONE mentioned pretty much the same places--the
vicinity of Utah Lake State Park.
The State Park, itself, didn't have too many birds. I guess too many
humans recreating there chased them away. BUT the areas outside the park
were wonderful. The early morning rain brought out the colors of both
foliage and feathers. It seemed like everything was bright, crisp, and
clear. Even the breasts of the Robins were brilliant! We went on the
Skipper Bay Trail and saw WESTERN COWBIRDS, lots of ORIOLES, MEADOWLARKS,
YELLOW RUMPED WARBLER, PLOVERS, CEDAR WAXWINGS, KILDEER to name a few. Of
course lots of common birds, too. We heard pheasants and quail but never
saw them. This is a great time to bird because the trees' leaves are
still a bit sparse, making it easier to find the birds.
The ponds behind Geneva, just south of the Lindon Boat Harbor features
larger birds--four AMERICAN AVOCETS gracefully walked in the shallow
channel, CORMORANTS basked in the sun and a lazy lone PELICAN looked,
from a distance, like a fisherman lounging in a boat. He must have had
his fill of carp because he appeared to be very calm and relaxed.
Linda Butler