Ducks

Judy & I birded the causeway and Kaysville ponds today, based on posts from Leslie and Carol.

We saw the Oldsquaw (lifer!), a few Ruddy Ducks, lots of Buffleheads, and Common Goldeneyes (all female) at the first bridge from the island on the north side of the causeway, as Leslie had directed. The rest of the causeway was slow.

We then visited the Kaysville ponds (never been there before), where we observed a fine collection of colorfully plumaged ducks. There were several handsome male Hooded Merganzers, a number of Common Goldeneyes (male), scaups, domestic geese, Canada Geese, Buffleheads, and a substantial number of  male Mallards in stunning plumage.

Thanks, Carol and Leslie,

Jim