Ravens vs. Crows

On the tail of Nicky's e-mail about Jack's wonderfully clear photo of a Raven at Antelope Island, I am curious to know a few things about Ravens and Crows here in Utah. How common are each here in Utah? How do folks differentiate the two at a distance? Are they typically seen at certain elevations and in certain geographic regions of Utah? I am familiar with both but am looking to increase what I know and wonder, would any of you share with this list-server's participants your insights and knowledge of the two as it pertains to Ravens and Crows here in Utah?

Happy birding,

Matthew Wallace