Bohemians are back!

This afternoon we checked out the section of the Mirror Lake Highway
visited by Lu yesterday.  We didn't see or hear any grouse.  However,
during our three hours of exploration we observed several times a large
(100+) flock of Bohemian Waxwings that was flying around the area,
settling in the trees for less than a minute before taking to flight
again.  Smaller groups of Bohemians were also seen many times, probably
breakaways from the main group.  Some of the other birds seen were
incredible numbers of Townsend's Solitaires, a Goshawk, Cooper's Hawk,
Golden Eagle and White-breasted Nuthatches.  All these birds were seen
between mile markers 10 and 14.

Joel and Kathy Beyer