Migration flights?

As I was sitting in my car eating dinner about 9:15 pm at the post office on
2100 south, something caught my eye.  It was groups of birds swooping
and turning in tight formation in the night sky.  The lights from the
parking lot were illuminating their wings and the white clouds in the
background were also making them more visible in the darkness.  It looks
like they were either coming from or going to the golf course across the
street (since fairways are one of the few places left with any water). I
guess they could also be catching bugs that hang around the lights.
Whatever the reason, it looked so beautiful in the night sky.  It's
incredible how they fly so close together even in the dark of night. I
noticed this same thing about 2 years ago but I think it was a little later
in the year (maybe September or October) on a somewhat stormy night.

Anyway, if there's someone who hasn't seen this behavior, it's pretty neat
to watch. I checked again about 11:30 pm on my break and didn't see any so
maybe the 9:00-9:30 pm time is the best time right now to see them.

Carol