re - wasps

To lessen wasp problems, eliminate all nests from your yard. Look under decks, horizontal boards on fences, eaves, or horizontal areas in the shade. Spray them late in the evening when they are all at the nests.

I have tried traps, but no real good results. The Perky-pet Oasis is a covered dish type feeder that is less prone to spilling. It helps. I have read that some people put an open dish with sugar water away from their feeders to keep them away. I haven't tried this. Seems like it would attract more in the long run. When they get read bad I get out my vacuum and suck em up. You might laugh, but it gets rid of a lot in a hurry. I hope my neighbors don't videotape this. Just don't empty your vacuum for a couple of days. I also have put some lunch meat on my deck rail within reach of my chair with a flyswatter. I don't know if I will admit to posting this.    Jack