Great Egret

Hi All,
Last evening I found a GREAT EGRET south of Provo,
between the two I-15 Springville exits. It was feeding
in the canal which runs west/northwest from the
freeway towards Utah Lake and the closed down Wild
Wings Hunting Club. The canal runs through the new
maze of paved roads which I'm sure will soon become a
new industrial park. It was standing under the only
grove of trees bordering the canal. A Belted
Kingfisher has been regularly using these trees to
hunt from this winter.
Take the west side frontage road at either I-15 exit
and go to the canal crossing. Then take one of the
westward roads and work your way to the next canal
crossing. The egret was west of here. Check the flocks
of sparrows - American Tree Spaarrows frequent the
area.
Good Birding,
Dennis Shirley