From: Steve Carr<mailto:stevecarr9@msn.com>
To: Birds, Utah Birdnet<mailto:birdnet@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:00 AM
Subject: UOS Quick Chase - Red Phalarope

Folks,

The Red Phalarope, reported and photographed by Carol Davis, is quite a
rare transient this far inland, and would probably represent a life bird
for many birders.  As the UOS Co-field Trip Coordinator, I will be
running out to the Causeway this a.m.  I will be at the Sugar House
Shopko parking lot, SE corner as usual, in case anyone wants to go
along.  I don't plan to go to Garr Ranch today, even though there are
some good birds there, per Carol's posting.  Those are great photos that
Carol took.

--Steve Carr