W. Tattler, C. Sandpiper

This evening around 7:00 the Wandering Tattler was still at the bridge
closest to the island, this time on the north side.  It was working the
rocks on the west side of the channel, in company with a Semipalmated
Plover.  We think it's a juvenile Tattler, since there were no signs of
barring, and according to Sibley adults don't attain basic plumage until
October.
There was a humongous flock of peeps on the south side of the causeway
about mile marker 4, only about 20-30 yards from the shore.  It was
mostly Western and Baird Sandpipers, except for the Curlew Sandpiper in
the midst of the rabble.  Presumably it's the same bird we found 4 weeks
ago, and that has been seen sporadically since.

J & K Beyer