Wandering Tattler

Hi Folks -

Just a bit more on the Wandering Tattler.  As Kris reported, the bird
was first seen on the north side of the causeway just east of the bridge
nearest the marina.  We observed the bird (nonbreeding plumage) for
about 1 1/2 hours (from 3:15 to 4:45) at this location as he alternately
foraged for food and rested in the rocks.  He stayed within a few feet
of the shoreline.

The bird then flew west, went under the bridge and landed on the south
side of the causeway in the rocks near where the water flows under the
bridge.  Jack and Bob were still watching the bird in this second
location at 5:00 when Steve, Cindy and I left the island.

We were in such a hurry to get home after our half-day birding adventure
turned into ten hours that we completely missed the American Golden
Plover.  Could I get a wake up call for 6:00?

Pomera