Parasitic Jaeger

Cindy and Steve Sommerfeld just called me from the west side of Willard
Bay in Box Elder County with a report of a juvenile Parasitic Jaeger.
They're approximately 2 miles north of the point at which you'd turn
north around the west Willard Bay dike.  The bird was standing on the
road in front of them and Steve said they were as close as 25 yards.

Head north on I-15 to exit 351 at the Weber County/Box Elder County
line.  Turn left (west) at the end of the exit ramp.  Drive several
hundred yards and turn right (west again) at 4000N where you'll see the
sign for Willard Bay's south marina. If you pass Smith and Edwards on
your left side, you've gone too far.  Drive to the end of the road where
4000N T-bones into a dirt road.  Turn right (north) and you'll be
driving through Willard Bay Upland Game WMA.  You'll take the next left,
which I think is in about 1/2 mile, and then proceed west again.  This
road zigs north and zags west until you make the final turn north around
Willard Bay's west dike.  That spot is also where you'll pass Harold
Crane WMA on your west.

This is also the same area where Aaron and Arnold Smith reported Common
Terns a couple days ago.

I plan to head up there and will be available temporarily on a borrowed
cell phone at (801) 388-3869.