Fwd: Turnstone and Winbrel

Birdnet Email -- from the website

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2005 17:18:30 -0600 (MDT)

It was submitted by Cindy Sommerfeld

Subject: Turnstone and Winbrel

Email_Address: ssfeld@xmission.com

Message: Third time is a charm. Steve and I spent Friday evening and most
of the day Saturday, trying to see the Ruddy Turnstone on Antelope Island
Causeway, with no luck. Today around 12:30 Bob MacDougall called to say he
was on the causeway looking at the Turnstone. We jumped into the car and
arrived in less than an hour. As we arrived Bob was parked pointing to it.
Yeah! The Turnstone was about 100 yards east of mile marker 3 on the north
side.
To make the day even better Bob helped us find a Winbrel. The Winbrel was
about 100 yards west of mile marker 2 on the south side of the causeway.
Not bad, a Utah bird and a life bird in the same day!
Thanks Bob.
Cindy Sommerfeld