Ruddy Turnstone seen along causeway to Antelope Island

Fellow Birders,

    Please be advised that at about 3:45 p.m. today I  saw a male Ruddy
Turnstone on the south side of the causeway between the island  and the bridge.
The bird was next to the shore along with some gulls,  stilts, and willets, so
it could clearly be seen with binoculars as it was only  about 60 feet away.  I
was able to view it as well through my  telescope.  The plumage was very
distinct.  I have only seen Ruddy  Turnstones one other time, along the coast of
South Carolina so I thought you  might want to take a look as well.  I did talk
to some other birders who  were driving toward the island and describe the
location to them.  This was  about twenty minutes after I saw the bird.
Possibly they were able to see  it as well.

Dennis Williams