Ovenbird Sighted Today

Glenn Barlow, Bob Bradley and I chased the Ovenbird up and down the
Bonneville Shoreline Trail this morning between 8 and 9:15 where the
bird has been seen for the past 2 days.  We listened.  We stalked.  We
bushwacked.  We peered.  We called the bird unflattering names.  We
chased again.  That bird had a merry time with us while we were not
having such a merry time with him.  Eventually, Bob and I found
ourselves off-trail in a scrub oak thicket while the bird was singing
about 15 feet away...and we could not see him!  Later the bird moved to
a new perch and I got a brief view through a hole in the vegetation.
Later still and after Bob was called away to his responsibilities, Glenn
and I got a look at the bird just off the trail and only 20 feet away
from us.  Glenn had a very clear view long enough so we could check off
all the field marks. Glenn, congrats on your life bird and Bob, your
persistence will pay!