Re: Where to go to see Lazuli Buntings?

I have a friend who claims to regularly see Lazuli Buntings on the trail
that leaves from the west side of the entrance to City Creek Canyon.
(I'm talking about the area before you turn in to City Creek. You can
park out there and on the west side of the road begins a little foot
trail.) She claims to see DOZENS of Lazulis on that trail. I swear
every time she goes hiking or running up there she comes back with
another tale of having seen a Lazuli flying across her trail. There is
one point about 10 min in where a tiny runoff stream crosses the patch,
and that's one of the spots where she sees these birds.

I myself have never seen one. She is reading this list and might reply
with more detail about when/where she sees them.

(I sometimes tease her about whether she's REALLY seen all these alleged
Lazuli Buntings, but she is adamant.) :-)

Good luck finding one! Oh, and she's also seen a Flammy up the City
Creek Canyon road a ways (past where you must park and walk in) in a
hole of a tree that is right next to campsite 4.

You'll note that there are quite a number of birds that she has seen
there that I have never seen, so you might be wondering about one of
us.

Happy birding,

Kelli

Quoting Denkare@aol.com:

Years ago a fellow birder pointed out a Bunting as it flew past in West
Virginia. Other than that I have never seen any. Any suggestions for here in
Utah?

Dennis

Kelli Frame
kframe@xmission.com