Re: birding program Wednesday on Diane Rhem Show

I listened to this program, and was a bit disappointed, even though I listen to her show quite often. I love to listen to and learn to identify different bird songs, but I thought this guy tootin' along with the birds at the zoo on his jazz flute to be somewhat annoying to say the least. It convinced me not to buy his book. Just my humble opinion.

Jim Bailey

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rick Soulier" <soulierr@netutah.net>
To: <birdnet@utahbirds.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 11, 2005 9:33 AM
Subject: birding program Wednesday on Diane Rhem Show

Those interested in birds may be interested in the Wednesday 12 May broadcast of the NPR radio talk show The Diane Rehm Show <http://wamu.org/programs/dr/index.php>

here is the URL

http://wamu.org/programs/dr/index.php

by midday, WAMU radio will post the streaming audio of the broadcast, so those who can listen to streaming audio on their computers can listen to this fascinating broadcast

David Rothenberg: Why Birds Sing (Basic Books)

Birds make some of the most beautiful sounds in nature. But scientists don't really know why birds sing. Diane and author/musician David Rothenberg talk about the mystery of bird song. We'll also hear about the reappearance of the ivory-billed woodpecker.

Guests

David Rothenberg, author of "Sudden Music" and "Is It Painful to Think?" is a composer, jazz clarinetist, and professor of philosophy at the New Jersey Institute of Technology.

Tim Gallagher, editor in chief of "Living Bird," is an award-winning author and wildlife photographer