Gray Hawk!

Yesterday on private property in Washington Co. I saw an adult Gray Hawk. It was along the Santa Clara river about 1/2 mile above the town of Gunlock. I watched the bird for about 10 Minutes until it moved into a thick area of Cottonwoods. Efforts to relocate the bird last night and tonight have been unsuccessful. Access is very limited so the bird could still be around. If anyone is in the area be on the lookout. Any additional sightings of this bird that isn't known to wander very far from the N. limits of it's breeding range along the Mexican border would be helpful.

Larry Tripp