Shorebirds?

I was out at Farmington Bay - south end on Saturday afternoon. I did the 7 mile dike loop from the Bountiful Pond parking lot - going west (from the south end of the Landfill), then curves north, then east then south again parelelling the landfill. On the west side of the dike where I think the New State duck club abuts FBWMA I thought I saw a small flock of very small birds. I watched them for around 5 minutes flying around like peeps. I didn't have my binos because I'm stupid enough to be training for a race and . . . well anyway. I've never seen horned larks en masse at FBWMA and they weren't really acting like larks, but it sure seems early for peeps. If anybody is going out on the dikes (Bill), take a close look for me. The storm could have blown them away, but . . .

Other birds I did see were Canada Geese, one swan, coot, ruddy duck, pie-billed grebe, CA gull, probably Herring gull, there were at least three sizes of gull out there - and lots of them, GBH, bald eagles, harrier, song sparrows, red-winged blackbird, raven, and heard marsh wren. No other ducks other than the ruddy. The geese seem to be pairing up.

Ann