Re: Ruddy Shellduck

Bill:

It is indeed a nice and unusual sighting.  I think everyone would agree
that it is an escapee/feral duck from a public or private collection.   As
I mentioned in my earlier posting, although they have been seen in the wild
in eastern North America there has never been a vagrant sighting that has
been accepted.

Regards,

Bill Fenimore

Although=20=

> >> this bird is observed in the wild from time to time in eastern
North=20=

> >> America, no evidence of a genuine vagrant has been found.
> >>
> >> =A0
> >> Bill Fenimore
> >> (801) 525-8400 Store
> >> (801) 699-9330 Cellular
> >>
> Mark Stackhouse
> Westwings, Inc.
> westwings@sisna.com
> 801-487-9453 (Salt Lake City, Utah, USA)
> 011-52-323-285-1243 (San Blas, Nayarit, Mexico)

--- D R
--- frnatent@earthlink.net