St George Bird Ffestival Update

From: "Charles/Marilyn Sheard" <mcsheard@redrock.net>
To: "Pomera M. Fronce" <pinkstring@networld.com>
Subject: Bird Festival Update
Date: Monday, January 17, 2005 1:38 PM

     The recent severe flooding in the St. George area  has had, amazingly, no effect on our planned festival venues.  Although Tonaquint Park saw some flooding, the nature center with adjacent pond plus one pavillion and parking survived unscathed.  Washington and Hurricane fields are in good shape and plenty of birds are about.  The reservoirs are a little bit fuller!  I took a quick trip to Lytle Ranch on Sunday and found all bridges and roads open and dry.  The ranch itself appears to have been above peak flood but, of course, Beaver Dam wash has been rearranged somewhat.
    All motels and restaurants are open and ready for business.
    I saw my first butterfly of 2005 this afternoon, a Mourning Cloak! The sun is shining again in St.  George and the air is warming up. So, tell all your friends and come on down!
            Charlie Sheard