Fw: WW & Black Scoter, RN Grebe, P Loons

I don't think this went through, so I'll try again...

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Joel Beyer <twobirders@juno.com>
To: birdnet@utahbirds.org
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2004 20:43:34 -0700
Subject: WW & Black Scoter, RN Grebe, P Loons

This morning we saw a juvenile Pacific Loon in the east arm of East
Canyon Reservoir.  And at Pineview Reservoir the 2 Pacific Loons and the
Red-necked Grebe were still present.  Late this afternoon, while looking
at the beautiful male White-winged Scoter on the Antelope Island Causeway
(noted by Jack Binch), we also found a juvenile Surf Scoter (flapping
wings showed no white) and an adult female Black Scoter.  The Black
Scoter was keeping company with a pair of  Lesser Scaups.  All scoters
were on the south side of the Causeway, within shouting distance of the
second bridge (the one closest to the island).

Joel and Kathy Beyer