Palm warbler

I saw the PALM WARBLER around 2:30 pm, Tuesday Oct 5th, while looking for
the GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROW Dennis reported at the mouth of Santaquin
Canyon (Utah County). It appeared to be  a non-breeding adult of the
brown (Western) race. It was flitting around in a cottonwood in a group
of yellow-rumps, orange-crowns and kinglets and I watched it for a couple
of minutes and had good looks at all angles noting the white supercilium
and darker stripe through the eye, and  the  bright yellow undertail
coverts, and the black and white tail pattern.

I left to find someone at home in the nearby houses to make a phone call
to Eric to report it. When I got back, I found a Coopers hawk sitting in
a dead tree across the road, and not a sparrow or a warbler in sight.
Rats!  (I went and got myself a cell-phone this evening! About time).
Several people showed up and we looked for both these birds all afternoon
and evening with no luck. Have to try again in the morning.

To get there, take the main Santaquin exit off  I-15, turn left and go
under the freeway to a frontage road  that goes south. Turn left  at
Canyon Road  and follow it past all the houses till you come to a large
round concrete covered water storage utility that is surrounded by a
chain-link fence on the left side of the road. The group of tall
cottonwood and willow trees is just east of the fenced area  before the
road turns sharply to the right leading to the canyon.

I hope everyone is not too tired of chasing by now.  Good luck   ~
Tuula