Eastern Phoebe

Just got in from a very big day for W. migrants in Washington County. I met Rick Fridell this morning and we birded around St. George where there seemed to be birds in every tree and bush that we looked in and some had just amazing amounts of birds. There was a lot of flycatchers along with Warblers, Sparrows,Tanagers and Orioles. There were a lot of Empids mostly Grays and Willows but we counted 6 different species. I would guess 50 + Wood-pewees. We saw 5 or 6 Townsend Warblers.
In the afternoon I went to Lytle Ranch where I saw the prize of the day a Eastern Phoebe that was in the orchard and allowed great views and some nice photos. It was a nice day to be out birding with the cooler temps.

Larry Tripp