Unbelievable yard birds tonight!

Just before 7:00 PM tonight I was looking out the window and I saw something fly from a Cottonwood tree into some willows in my from yard that looked a little bigger then all the house finches that were out there. I got my binns and saw that it was a Oriole. It looked to be a first year bird and after studying and taking photos of it for about 20 minutes I am quite sure that it was a first year Baltimore Oriole. Everything seemed to fit well but in that plumage it can be difficult to rule out a hybrid with a Bullock's. I got several photos that I haven't had a chance to look at yet so I'm not sure how good they are going to be. And if that wasn't enough while I was watching the Oriole a male Rose-breasted Grosbeak flew into the same tree and I had both birds in the same field of view! ( I got a couple pics of it also ) I started pinching myself because I have this dream all the time. I don't have a very big front yard and couldn't believe that these birds were in it at the same time and I just happened to be looking out the window when the Oriole flew or I probably wouldn't have known that they were even there. It make you wonder what goes through when your not watching.

I last saw both of them just before sundown so they may still be around in the morning if anyone is in Washington Co. and wants to look around in the morning let me know. I leave for work just after sunrise in the morning but if I see anything I will post it.

Larry Tripp