white-winged crossbills; three-toed woodpeckers

This morning Tom Brennan and I observed 4 WHITE-WINGED
CROSSBILLS on the trail to Cecret Lake from Albion
Basin.  They were together working the cones along
with about 3 dozen Red Crossbills in the vicinity.
This was the area of the trail just before you start
heading up the steep rocky part just before the lake.

Yesterday I observed THREE-TOED WOODPECKERS in two
different places on the Lake Solitude trail from
Brighton.  The first was just after you pass under the
ski lift for the first time.  The second was about
half way up on the trail from Lake Solitude to Twin
Lakes Res.

Thank you for your comments on the hummingbird
question.  It was still on its nest yesterday.  I too
thought it was pretty late for nesting.

Mike Johnson

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail