Purple Gallinule

Hi All,

The PURPLE GALLINULE Clay and Cliftia Johnson reported at the Jordanelle Wetlands was still there as of this morning (Mon July 26, 2004). Milton Moody and I saw it around 9:30 A.M. and got some good looks at it. Milt took some photos but it mostly stayed hidden in grasses. We saw it off-and-on for about a half hour. It then snuck into the weeds and we couldn't relocate it.

We found it right where the Johnsons reported seeing it (Along the road just south of where the little stream goes under the road, between the lower and upper parking areas).

Eric Huish Pleasant Grove UT poorwill_@hotmail.com 801-360-8777