Green Herons

This morning around 8:30, I was walking on the south part of the loop area by the marsh, when I heard a very loud and sharp "Chirp" "Chirp". I looked around and saw a adult Green Heron flying over the marsh, but it wasn't making the sound. About 10 seconds later another one, a young one with a large white area on it's underparts, was flying as fast as it could trying to catch up to the first one and chirping. So they had to have a nest along the river this year. They were flying towards the area where I figured the nest was.
Jack Holley, 801-450-3088