From: COOPER, Dan [mailto:dcooper@audubon.org]
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 11:13 AM
To: rfridell@redrock.net; summers@cedarcity.net
Subject: WEVI in Green River, UT

Hi folks,

I'll get more info to you later next week, but wanted to drop a short note
to let you know that I found a singing White-eyed Vireo in Green River, UT
on 24 June. I'm familiar w/ this sp. from birding in TX and FL (incl. as a
VENT tour leader).

c. 2 mi. north of town along "Long St.", just after dog-leg turn in road,
past parked white pick-up and red bulldozer on right. In riparian scrub
right where irrigation canal (drain?) crosses rd.

Also present were 2 Gray Catbirds (one singing/territorial). Beautiful
morning, spectacular scenery.

I imagine the GRCA are local residents in e. UT, but that the WEVI is a
genuine rarity?

Dan Cooper

note new contact info:
Daniel S. Cooper