orioles

My mother, who lives in Lindon, has had a pair of Bullock's orioles using her hummingbird feeder for a couple of years. Her feeder is the type that has bee guards, and one of them fell off. The orioles balance themselves on one bee guard and drink out of the opening that is missing the bee guard. This year, the house finches are copying the orioles and drinking the syrup out of the hummingbird feeder, too. I live in south Orem and I have only seen an oriole in my yard once, and that was a few years ago.