red-eyed vireo

Hi everyone,

I went to look for the Red-eyed vireo on Friday, the 28th.  I arrived about
1 PM with Kristin's easily-followed directions.  There were numerous calling
birds, not all easily seen.  I did not find the vireo, but did see an
extremely colorful Western tanager, Wood pewee, Black-headed grosbeak and
many yellow warblers. Also, I saw a cormorant flying up the river. It became
silent after about 30 minutes and as I looked up dark clouds started rolling
in.  I quickly started back to my car and the rain started as I reached it.
I seem to always be just behind the birds!  This is a beautiful area,
though, and I will spend more time here in the future.  Thanks Kristin!

Sue Hinde

ghinde@comcast.net

A bird in the bush is worth 2 in the hand.