American Redstart below Jordanelle dam

The bird gods were doubly kind today. An American redstart was observed in
the trees along the dirt road that parallels the river below Jordanelle dam
at 1:10 p.m. I watched the beautiful wee bird for nearly 40 minutes. It
spent the majority of its time in the trees between the wetlands and the
river, about 270 yards below the dirt road's gate and 60 yards above the
rock dam (spillway? falls?) on the river. I tied the remains of a blue
plastic bag around a large fallen branch that nearly protrudes into to the
road to mark the spot. Unless someone removes the bag, the spot cannot be
missed. Note: this is the same spot in which an American redstart was
observed last year towards the end of May.

Lu Giddings